Eastside 911       Eastsider on the Go      School Yard         Eastside Citizen        Home & History       Scenes & Sightings 
d

Monday, August 3, 2009

What would you pay for Sister Aimee's "plant pot"

A Sunland resident in financial difficulties is selling what he claims is a cement planter box that belonged to legendary evangelist Aimee Semple McPherson when she lived in Echo Park next to her church, Angelus Temple. The planter is available to the highest bidder on Craigslist:

"T
his was given to me by a Angelus temple member about 10 years ago when I was a member, they knew of my great interest in Aimee. It measures 15" tall & 15 1/2" square. When I got it it had no paint left, I saw faint traces of paint & re-painted it in the colors I believed were original. It had a few surface cracks in it that didn't effect the integrity of the piece, but I filled them with epoxy glue to keep from getting bigger. The inside is marked as "USA" made, has a drain hole at the bottom. This is a very heavy piece, so I don't want to put it up on Ebay and have to mail it. Local pick-up only on this."
Will Sister Aimee's planter return to Echo Park or remain stuck in the Valley?

Photo from Craiglist. Thank to Kevin Kuzma for the tip.

2 comments:

  1. It would be better if all of Aimee's nut job followers would move out to Sunland to be with the planter. I'd pay big bucks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Located in the heart of poverty, hopelessness, and violence, The Dream Center is surrounded by gang members who actively recruit young children into lives of violence and drugs. Poverty and addictions have sent many to live on the streets.

    I'd like to throw the planter through their glass doors. Or into on of their 4 busses that take up an entire block. Or the crossing guards. Or the kids that wake me up every Saturday, my one day off.

    Of course I'm kidding, they're Christians so they're righteous and incapable of doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete